SCHOOLS OUT! It's time to start making memories. Let's check out what the State of Michigan has to offer, here are a few activities that my family enjoys the most along with a few activities that we have added to our "Summer To Do List" this year!
1. EXPLORE DETROIT'S RICH HISTORY - Check out the Detroit Historical Museum. Here you can walk the streets of old Detroit, view the city's first automobile and learn about the Underground Railroad!
2. EXPLORE THE DUNES - Check out why Good Morning America name the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Empire "The Most Beautiful Place in America". The northwest corner of Michigan's peninsula is full of miles of beaches, forests and bluffs ad it is absolutely beautiful!
3. CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS IN JULY - or in any other month for that matter! There are lot's of fun things to do in Frankenmuth, from shopping to eating to exploring, make sure not to miss Little Bavaria!
4. PLAY DISC GOLF - I bet you didn't know that Michigan has over 286 disc golf courses! This is fun for the whole family, check out your area for the closest course, there is sure to be one nearby.
5. VISIT THE MICHIGAN IRON HISTORY MUSEUM - Michigan has a rich history in iron mining, come check out the significant impact it has made on Michigan's economy over time.
6. EXPLORE A NEW BIKE TRAIL - It's no surprise with the many beautiful state park in Michigan that Michigan has over 100 bike trails to choose from, one more beautiful than the next!
7. HANG OUT ON A WARSHIP - Yes, you did not ready that wrong. I am suggesting you take your next date or your children to hang out on a war ship! If you happen to e in Muskegon on a Friday night you can enjoy movie night aboard USS LST 393, a historic warship located in Muskegon, MI.
8. SANDERS CANDY FACTORY - Everyone in the family is sure to enjoy a stop for a sweet treat, while learning first hand how Sander's Candy Factory makes chocolate. Check out the tour in Clinton Township, MI.
9. VISIT THE BEACH - Build sandcastles, rent a paddleboat, play some beach volleyball or just relax in the sun. Michigan is full of hundreds on beaches all with varying activities to enjoy!
10. JAM TO SOME JAZZ - Are you a jazz fan? Visit the Hart Plaza by the Detroit Riverfront and enjoy the city's jazz festival, where you can listen to artists from the past and present!
Comment below and let us know your favorite places to visit!